Dear Members of LFMA,
The Board of LFMA is proud to relaunch the next session of the:
>>> FINANCIAL MARKETS CERTIFICATE (FMC) <<<
In English language for junior financial market professionals in Luxembourg.
LFMA offers this educational programme for beginners in Financial Markets in collaboration with our German partners of AEFMA Deutschland e.V. (AEFMA), Frankfurt School of Finance and Management and Finance Trainer Luxembourg s.á.r.l.
The goal of this educational programme is to provide basic expertise in structure and functionality of Money Market & Treasury fields and their products. This includes the underlying mathematics and the economic functionality of the traded financial products.
- Money Market, STIR and FX traders for up to 2 years work experience
- Risk managers, banking and corporate treasurers
- Employees working in middle office, back office or operations
- Institutional investors (funds, pension funds, custodians)
- Risk controllers (market risk and model validation)
- Portfolio managers, asset & liability managers
- Students of Business Administration and Finance
- Research Associates of University
LFMA decided to offer a programme with flexible time frames according to a candidate’s personal choice. All candidates can opt for a self-paced online Cyber School provided by Finance Trainer and/or a one-week preparatory course conducted by Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, one of the top-ranked business schools in Germany, on behalf of LFMA Luxembourg.
Both options are structured around the following topics and prepare for a two-hour examination which will entitle successful examinees for the FMC.
- Basic financial mathematics
- Monetary policy
- Money markets and their derivatives
- Foreign exchange
- Legal and regulatory framework
- Risk management
- Processing & bank operations
- Code of conduct
SCHEDULE AND FEES
Finance Trainer Cyber School
Programme schedule: Finance Trainer Cyber School is available at any time via internet during a period of 9 months after registration. Workload and tempo can be individually chosen. Candidates get instant feedback to monitor their progress. A qualified Cyber Trainer answers questions as they arise. The exam can be taken at House of Training on the following dates:
Monday 20th March 2023, Monday 17th April 2023, and Monday 15th May 2023 from 13:30h to 15:30h
Programme fee for members and non-members: EUR 1.989,00 (exam fee excluded)
Registrations for the online training are possible under: Click here
Registrations for the exam are possible under: Click here
Exam fee: EUR 300,00 will be invoiced by Frankfurt School of Finance directly.
Frankfurt School of Finance
Programme schedule:The one-week preparatory course and the exam will be held at House of Training in the premises of the Chamber of Commerce in Luxembourg. Additionally, there will also be a math preparatory course, that will be held online on two Saturdays (half days) beforehand, and is strongly recommended for all participants, as it will set the basis for the on-site course.
- Math preparatory course: Saturday 11th February 2023 and Saturday 18th February 2023
- Preparatory course: Monday – Friday, February 20th – 24th 2023, from 08:30h to 12:30h and from 13:30h to 17:30h
- Exam:Monday 20th March 2023, Monday 17th April 2023, and Monday 15th May 2023 from 13:30h to 15:30h
Registrations for preparatory course and exam are possible at any time under:
- EUR 1.950,00 for LFMA Members
- EUR 2.250,00 for non-LFMA Members
- EUR 300,00 Exam fee
Please read carefully!!!
We recommend that interested candidates register now, as LFMA will be granting 40% discount on the programme fee for the first 10 successful candidates. This discount applies for mx. 2 candidates per financial institution. On a first-come, first-serve basis, early bird LFMA Members will pay only EUR 1.170,00 (discounted price), non-LFMA Members will pay only EUR 1.135,00.
For any information:
691 544 991
621 502 100
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where does the preparatory course take place?
The preparatory course itself takes place in the premises of House of Training, 7 Rue Alcide de Gasperi, 1615 Luxembourg. The math preparatory course will be held online beforehand. The link will be provided by Frankfurt School of Finance.
- What should I bring to the preparatory course?
You should bring your Laptop/Tablet and a calculator, also material to take notes. Printouts of the training material will be provided by House of Training.
- Where does the exam take place?
The exam takes place in the premises of House of Training, 7 Rue Alcide de Gasperi, 1615 Luxembourg for all participants, Cyber School and preparatory course.
- What do I need for the exam?
The exam will be held online, a laptop will be provided by House of Training. You need a (programmable) calculator. Formula sheets are not allowed.
- Where can I register?
If you want to take part in the preparatory course, you can register for the course and the exam here: Click here
For the Cyber School online training you can register here: Click here
If you do the online training, you can register for the exam here: Click here
- How long do I have time to register for the exam?
Please register at least two weeks in advance of the respective exam date.
- Is a formula sheet allowed in the exam?
No, a formula sheet is not allowed in the exam, but you can use a programmable calculator.
- What calculator can I use?
Frankfurt School of Finance recommends the Hewlett Packard HP 17 bii+ calculator (available on Amazon), but any other programmable calculator can be used as well.
- Where do I get the invoice from?
The invoice for the preparatory course will be sent by House of Training (including exam fee), the invoice for the Cyber School online training will be sent by Finance Trainer. The invoice for the exam fee will be sent by Frankfurt School of Finance after registration (only applies to Cyber School students).